Skip to main content

Apply for DEA License

Apply for DEA License

A researcher must have a DEA license to use controlled substances. If you would like to apply for a Researchers DEA license go to the following website:

This will take you to the Diversion Control Division.

In the left hand vertical menu click on:
New Applications

At the bottom of the page select your business category. You will use form number 225 to register as a Researcher.
Form 225
Select Researcher(ll-V)

Click continue and follow the instructions.